Spare Ribs on the UDS QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thunderdome

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Casa Grande, AZ
Cooked some spares on Sunday, and am just getting around to posting the pics. I trimmed them and got them ready at about noon.

Jeff’s Rub with a little bacon salt added

St Louis Cut

TBS

Using 2.5-1.5-1, they came off at about 6 pm

Pre-cutting

Had some Texas toast, and ranch style beans as the side dishes. It was overall a tasty meal.

*I foiled ribs after 2.5 hours. Laying out some foil. Putting a squirt of parkay and clove honey across the bottom, followed by a shake of
Chile powder, and some brown sugar. Set the ribs on that mixture, then did the same on the top of the ribs. This cooked down and creates
A great finishing spray/mop for that last hour they are on. Hands were too messy for pics at this time.

Damn fine looking ribs!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yes sir those are some mighty fine looks ribs you have there thunder. I really like the deep dark smoke ring you have there too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks

Next time I want to take a pic as soon as I cut, and then the same pic 20 mins later. The smoke ring becomes (or atleast looks) so much more dark/red after awhile

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky