spare ribs I guess???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Waitsburg Washington

These ribs were packed by our local butcher. This was the last pack of meat I had out of the hog I bought last summer so I thawed it out. It said spare ribs on the package but was not the right shape??? So I always figured it was mislabled and was a roast or something. Well this is what it was. Looks like cut up spare ribs to me. Funny thing was there were no ribs at all except these. Would you say these are from A rack of spare ribs or trim off of spares? This is 2 and a half hours of smoke at 248 because that is what the weber wanted to do. Foiled up and back on for two hours.

Last edited:
Those are spareribs cut in pieces.  if you asked for bone in chops [center/loin/assorted] then you would not get the baby backs.  if you asked for boneless chops you should of got some baby back ribs. if you want more ribs next time ask for spares, baby backs, and bone in country ribs.  just expect to get boneless chops. Reinhard

remember ther is only 7-9 lbs. of spare  ribs on a eating size hog. you also get 2 small front plate rib sections that come from under the front shoulder but thats about it, unless you get the loins boned out and get 2 more baby backs. Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky