Spare rib delight...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1sgwinks

Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I rubbed the ribs down Saturday night before bed-smoked them for 3 hours at 225-230 spritzing them every hour with apple juice, wrapped them in foil after spritzing of course for 2 hours, then smoked them for an hour uncovered
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

I had to use two tongs to get them off the grates because they were falling apart unless I supported the whole piece
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I also made up a batch of beans using Dutch's recipe-I forgot to take a picture of them after cooking them but I did include a "before" shot
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

stay safe troopers
e44e83f4_vbattach16743.jpg

69b71fb9_vbattach16744.jpg

bc07484d_vbattach16742.jpg

Ribs look great Sarge. It is almost supper time over here and I am getting hungry. All this q-view is not helping.

Alright... give me the Q and nobody gets hurt. Great looking Q, congrats.

RICH PUT THE RIBS DOWN, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE, AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT...........

haahahahaah

looking good sarge looking good, points for you

Good looking ribs Sarge, and don't worry about no pictures of the beans.They usualy don't last long enough to take pictures of them.

Sarge, sounds like them ribs was getting a might overdone of they were falling apart on ya. Remember that the 3-2-1 method is just a suggestion.

Latley when I choose to foil (okay-when I REMEMBER to foil
icon_rolleyes.gif
) my ribs, I only foil 'em for about an hour before uncovering them.

Pic's look great!! Even the "before" pics of the beans!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky