spare meat on spares

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaso

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
Conway Arkansas
last Sunday I decided to do a rack of spare ribs for dinner. fired up the ecb and threw the rack of st louis style on the bottom. threw the spare meat ( that skirt you trim off the top ) on the top. about an hour and a half later I was serving sum smoked pork fajitas for lunch ...........sry no qview as they disapeared so fast. used the 3-2-1 method on the spares and they finished perfectly in time for dinner. Must say using the extras for a lunch dish worked out great! ! !

Has anyone else found a good lunch meal to use the extras in when smoking spares? ? ? ?

Mine turn into sandwiches for lunch, then I chop up the rest and toss it into a pan of Dutch's Wicked Baked beans. Takes the beans from a side dish to a whole new food group of their own!
biggrin.gif

Also can just shread and freeze the meat, and save it for all kinds of stuff down the road! But "cook" snacks are my first vote!

In the wintertime I freeze it and add it to chili when I make a batch. In the summer I just add a little bbq sauce and snack on it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky