Spanish seafood paella stuffed enchiladas w/Romesco sauce and Manchego Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
These are some of the Spanish items I used in this dish.

Chorizo, shrimp, almonds are smoked at 225° with mesquite for 1 hour ( along w/other treats); chorizo was coated with a mixture of EVOO and Spanish paprika so that it wouldn’t dry out too much. It came out moist in the final pic.

Romesco sauce:
1 cup roasted & peeled peppers (red)
1/2-cup almonds
3 anchovy fillets
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic thinly slices
Sauté garlic and then add to blender along with the oil, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

Chorizo is slowly heated in paella pan to release oils, and then it is removed from pan. Lightly Fry shrimp and scallops in chorizo oil, adding oil if needed. Remove them from the pan onto paper towel. Sauté onions, diced red bell peppers, and garlic in chorizo oil. This is the sofrito.

Add 1 can of drained diced tomatoes, 2 ½ cups of short-grained rice, mixing rice into sofrito to absorb all the flavors. Add 5 cups of spiced water (saffron, cumin, Spanish smoked paprika, sea salt) and cook at medium heat with lid on for 25 minutes, then removed lid and continue to cook. Just before all the liquid has evaporated, add the smoked chorizo, shrimp, scallops, and peas and cover for 5 minutes. Remove lid, and let it cool for 10 minutes.

Lightly fry corn tortillas and then fill them with paella, finally add a Romesco sauce over them and top with manchego cheese and green onions.

Thanks for viewing my dish.

Brilliant....!

id eat that dish fore sure.. really nicely done.
points.gif

Dang, Rich-that sure beats to heck what I'm having for lunch!!

My little sis tried to give me her paella pan several years ago and I didn't take her up on her offer (and after seeing your post I'm kicking meownself in the butt). What size is that pan? that one she wanted to give me was close to 24 inches accross and no lid. [Maybe I ought to see if she still has it and is wanting to give it to a good home
icon_mrgreen.gif
]

All I can say is WOW.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great dish Rich
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
and as my little buddy would say

" all is good my friend "

WOWIs all I can say too. Now that looks like some real athentic paella there Rich. I haven't seen any of that in a long time. And just about the last thing I thought I would see here. Then there's another form of paella on the throwdown too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

WOW... does that look and sound great!!! I love paella, and have thought that it would be good to make -- now you have given me the road map, and the inspiration.

Awesome, simply awesome!
points.gif

Dang Rich you should have entered that in the Throwdown... It looks Delicious... Great Job...
points.gif

What an outstanding dish Rich,so much flavor in your post.thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky