Spam-n-Eggs & Taters (Ham Bonus)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Spam-n-Eggs & Taters (Ham Bonus)

Seems I’m due to post a Breakfast, so I picked one of my Favorites.
I usually just have 2 or 3 Eggs every morning, with only 2 little Sausages, or a couple slices of Bacon.
But since I decided to post this one, I made it more worth posting:

So I started with a Leftover Baked Tater, and sliced it up as thin as I could without making them fall apart.
Then I opened a can of "Bacon" Spam. That’s the Spam that has the lowest amount of Sodium.
So I fried the Spam & Taters up just right, and finally made a couple of “Over-Medium” Eggs to fill the plate.
The last 2 pics are Bonus Pics of another Breakfast of a Ham Slice, with Home-Fries & Leftover Cut-Green Beans.

That Is All,

Bear

3 slices of Spam & 7 Slices of Baked Tater, ready for the Pan:
IMG_5719.jpeg

Everybody in the Pool of Bubbling Butter:
IMG_5720.jpeg

Be taking these out soon:
IMG_5721.jpeg

A Real Bear Breakfast:
IMG_5722.jpeg

Another Morning's Breakfast

Ham Slice, Home-Fries, and getting rid of some leftover Green Beans:
IMG_5716.jpeg

Same Breakfast---Different Angle:
IMG_5717.jpeg

I haven't had Spam in maybe 50 years. Might have to give it a reprise. I note there are now several different flavors. Who knew?

Good eats . I've been known to put green beans in my fried taters .

I'll buy a ticket to breakfast. Looks good to me!
Jim

Thank You Jim!!

Bear

I haven't had Spam in maybe 50 years. Might have to give it a reprise. I note there are now several different flavors. Who knew?

Thank You Braz!!
This Bacon Flavored one is from months ago. I looked for it last week, and couldn't find it. I like it because it's lower Sodium than the one Named "Low Sodium".

Bear

I don't know how I missed it till just now Bear, but those are a couple of fine looking breakfasts! I'd be thrilled to be sitting down to either one, or both, Like! RAY

I don't know how I missed it till just now Bear, but those are a couple of fine looking breakfasts! I'd be thrilled to be sitting down to either one, or both, Like! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
These are Great, but I rarely have a Big Breakfast like these.
It's usually only 2 Eggs, and sometimes a pair of Brown & Serve Links,
And once in awhile Toast & Jelly.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

YUMMMMMM

Love spam, taters and eggs.

Looks very good Bear. I can almost hear it sizzling YUM YUM
Sorry no northern travel for me (to freakin cold up there for me)

YUMMMMMM

Love spam, taters and eggs.

Looks very good Bear. I can almost hear it sizzling YUM YUM
Sorry no northern travel for me (to freakin cold up there for me)

Agreed!!
Thank You My Friend & X-Neighbor!!
And Thanks for the Like.
BTW: 38° here this morning!!

Bear

Last edited:
Spam sliced thin, width of a strip of bacon or so, fried til dark maroon and crisp around the edges is delicious piled high on a sandwich. It's one of few sandwiches I add plain old yellow mustard to, but a basic mayo, mustard, american cheese and Spam sandwich is something I'll do on a whim once in a blue moon.

Looking at your post ignited that craving and I've already done my weekly shopping, tho I might hit up a grocery store tomorrow when I drop my kid off to visit with her mom. I have ciabatta, mayo, mustard and cheese already 😂

Never tried the bacon kind. I generally despise bacon flavored stuff. Does it actually have bacon or is it just artificially flavored with bacony looking bits? I'll look it up but bacon flavoring is a no-no.

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great Bear! I missed this the first go round. All of those would be well received around here. Nice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky