Southern Pride BBR 700

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

singlebarrel1

Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Lynchburg, TN
I have quickly decided that I do not want to get into catering. I came upon it through a company bid for unused equipment. The local well known distillery in Lynchburg, TN has not used this cooker in years. It used to do all of the BBQ for large parties, but has been seldom used in the last 10-15 years due to liability issues with drinking on company property and catering being outsourced.

I have used it several times through the years for fundraising events and it serves that purpose well. Unfortunately, I don't have enough spare time to accommodate much of this anymore. Since there seems to be no shortage of consumption of the local product, I am constantly working. So, I'm willing to part with it for someone who could put it to better use.

It is one of the older model BBR 700 Southern Pride cookers bought by the distillery in 1987. It was always maintained by company mechanics. Relative to it's age, I would consider it lightly used. It took a good effort to clean it when I got it home, because it had been sitting dormant for the last 2 years. I went through everything and cleaned and tweaked things. The gap on the igniter was the only thing that I found that needed adjustment. I just cooked on it this past weekend and there was not one problem.

I have put about 90 butts on this thing in one cooking. Of course that will depend on the size of butts that you use. It has 10 racks on the rotisserie that are 60" long by about 12" wide. The controls are manual, but can be upgraded to electronic if you wish to do so. I had casters welded to the legs so that it would roll onto my back patio. They could be taken off by loosening the set screws on the leg inserts. I just cooked on a 35 degree night and it used less propane than I anticipated, because the fire did a good portion of the heating. What can I say? It's a Southern Pride and is built to do a lot of meat as easily as possible.

You will need a trailer with a strong ramp and a winch to load this due to its weight of about 2300 lbs. The casters do roll surprisingly well. If you put this on a trailer permanently, it would make a great catering outfit. Or, you could roll it onto your patio.

I am asking $5500 or a very close reasonable offer. No trades, unless you have a very nice Honda Element that I could put in some boot for.

Please, make inquiries to [email protected]

I will answer when I'm not making whiskey.

upload_2018-4-11_5-15-21.jpeg

upload_2018-4-11_5-16-59.jpeg

upload_2018-4-11_5-17-43.jpeg

upload_2018-4-11_5-18-51.jpeg

upload_2018-4-11_5-19-56.jpeg

Attachments

• F694F53C-BFF2-4BD1-A7F4-0A79C8916403.jpeg
    F694F53C-BFF2-4BD1-A7F4-0A79C8916403.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: AdrianVZ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky