South Florida Gathering--Picture Thread.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
awesome............glad everyone had a great time......everyone  at SMF should try to attend one of these events.....
icon14.gif

joe

Looks like a great time was had by all - I would love to to attend one of these sometime 

Looks like a Great time was had by ALL....NOW all you Trophy winners, how about sharing your Winning Recipes in the appropriate thread!?!?!....JJ

Man, looks like everyone was having such a great time.

I was sitting here all weekend just waiting for some pics and reports.

Very happy everything turned out and glad you all had a nice weekend to do it all on.

Hopefully in the future, if our area has one then the Misses and I will be able to attend.

Great Job everyone!!

Mike

Wow AL it looks that you guys Had a great time. i so wanted to be there,and  i was so close but so far cold not find  a flight out of Miami. maybe next year.

Looks like a Great time was had by ALL....NOW all you Trophy winners, how about sharing your Winning Recipes in the appropriate thread!?!?!....JJ

JJ, I didn't take any pictures of the ribs or the seafood gumbo. So you know "No pics didn't happen". The gumbo recipe i got from eman, and the ribs are the same way I have been doing them for some time. BB's 3-1.5-.5, with your foiling sauce, and cranking the temp up in the WSM for the last 1/2 hour.

AND NOW... "THE REST OF THE STORY"

I did a head count during the Sat. nite dinner and came up with 37 people, 9 of those were the judges and campground faculty. So that means we had 28 SMF members and their guests, THATS AWESOME for the first time. I'm so glad I had the chance to put names with faces, make new freinds, and learn a few things as well.

I don't know what happened (could of been alcohol, naaaaaaa) but I didn't get any pics of the ribs either. I did manage one pic of mine coming off the smoker

Here's the judges showing their professionalism during the ribs and special dish compitition

AND THE WINNERS ARE

Al for the ribs and his wife Judy for the special dish (seafood gumbo) or was It Al's special dish and Judy was his trophy girl ?? Ha haaaa

All three winners

Having fun and getting full

Mr. and Mrs. Turnip Mockely

Mr. and Mrs. Rubbin Butts

Mr. and Mrs. Smokin Al

Mr. and Mrs. Young One and family

Mr. and Mrs. Frog Creek Outpost

and others

And finally winding down, Sunday morning, the last of the Mohicans

My wife Charlotte and her dog Minnie, Doug, Bill, and Turnip

Hope I didn't bore y'all with the pics. Again I must say thanks to all that attended and hope to see ya next year. Hopefully there will be more attendys next time around.

Wow....looks like you folks had a great time!  Good for you.  Nice to see pictures, thanks for sharing them.  We need to get some of the Ohio folks to get together!

Man, that lookee like fun; wonder if there are enough people to have one in North Ohio next summer? I live in a charming little Town with lots of Camping and Fishing right here, within 2 miles of town.

My FIL is the Mayor and I'm sure I can get a park to use, if not the Camp ground is at the edge of town.

Would love to meet some of you guys....;}-

Thanks for all the pics, Looks like it was a lot of fun.

I wish I could have been there..............................maybe I can make it next time.

Man, that lookee like fun; wonder if there are enough people to have one in North Ohio next summer? I live in a charming little Town with lots of Camping and Fishing right here, within 2 miles of town.

My FIL is the Mayor and I'm sure I can get a park to use, if not the Camp ground is at the edge of town.

Would love to meet some of you guys....;}-

Just throw it out there and see how many people bit

Hey ya'll

Just joined the Forum. First, I would like to thank Keith (JckDanls 07) for introducing me to this forum, and welcoming me to join him and Charlotte to the 1st South Florida Gathering. What an excellent time I had meeting a lot of great people like Doug, Al & Judy, Turnip, Craig, Ron, and James just to name a few. I would like to thank all of you for letting me join in the Rib Competition. It was an awesome time. Looking forward to being a member of this Forum.

Thanks again everyone. Had a great time.

Welcome to SMF Bill. It was great meeting you & hopefully we'll do it all over again next year!

WOW, all those So. Fla. folks can party like Texans.  Looks seriously like a huge, well organized, weekend event that could go national! 

All the food looks great, good to see some of the various rigs people have, and all the smiling faces.  Great JOB everyone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky