sous vide bags?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I buy all my bags from Lisa.. MOBETTA quality bags...

View attachment 504576

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

California
As alot of you know @lisa b has been one of our site sponsors for a long time.

If you do not know who this is our what she offers let me introduce you.
View attachment 504577

Lisa is the owner of Vacuum Sealers Unlimited.

As you can imagine she has all things Vacuum Sealers on her site. And if you haven't visited it in a while check it out as she recently had a face lift done on the site.

Lisa is always here to help how she can and answer your questions.

I know she will be along soon with the current discount code for SMF members.

Thanks for being a great sponsor Lisa.
^^^^^^This^^^^^

I've begun to shop around. I've not been happy with the last big batch I got from Lisa.

Bear

I've been cooking SV for over a dozen years, and early on I used vacuum sealed bags. Somehow, during a move, the vacuum sealer went astray, and I never bothered to replace it. I've bee using zip lock bags since in sizes from 1 quart to 2½ gallons using the water displacement method and have never had a problem. Just remember to use good quality zip lock bags and not the cheap generic ones.

Oh, I need them too
All this time, I continued to search on all platforms,but there was something wrong in every option that I found(starting from the price and ending with the quality). Recently, a friend of mine recommended this browser extension to me and said that the search and purchase process will be much easier. We should try it.

What about the bags are you not happy with ??

I'm not sure if I got the same ones the last time.
The first batch I got came in individual little boxes of 100. I liked them.
The last batch came all in one big box, all stacked together. They got all curled up being relatively loose in the big box like that, and they were all a Royal PITA using, because the curl made them hard to get started in the vacuum sealer. I asked her why they didn't come in individual boxes, and she kinda Sloughed me off. Maybe I ordered the wrong ones the last time. She could have looked in her records, but didn't seem interested. I was asking her, because I wanted to make sure if I ordered again, that I got the kind I got the first time, and not like the last time.

Bear

I've had the curled bags... They are a PITA to use... I ended up putting a cutting board on top of them with a weight, and stored them like that.... I figured, for the price saving, a little press action was worth it....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky