Sorta new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southsider

Original poster
Dec 25, 2016
Bloomington, MN
Hello all, I just bough at Masterbuilt 30" smoker, model #20070910. Years ago I had a Brinkman charcoal smoker and used it all the time, really enjoyed it. Well it finally wore out and I never replaced it until now. Looking forward to getting back into it, and I'm sure I've forgotten a few things and I'm sure folks on these forums will be able to answer any questions I might have. My name is Joe and I live in Bloomington, MN.

I was reading a thread on how far to keep the vent open when smoking, lot's of differing opinions on that I see. I'll just have to see what works for me

One immediate question I do have for people with the same smoker is........ which rack should I put the meat on ? I usually only smoke one item at a time and my old smoker had only one rack, it was at the top of the smoker right about the water tray, so I had no choice about where to place the meat. 

*Sorry if this gets posted twice, I tried once before but it never showed up, I might have done something wrong on the first one as I'm new to forums

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

If I'm only using one rack I always put it in the middle of the smoker.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky