Somewhat New Guy Here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aklee987

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Nixa, MO
Hi guys.  I've been lurking around the forum for a couple weeks now and was encouraged to introduce myself.

I have a large Big Green Egg, had it for about 6 years.  I love to cook and smoke, but am by no means an expert.  I just got a BBQ Guru for Christmas.

My experience is pretty much limited to: Pork shoulder, brisket, ribs, and steaks.  I've never made my own rub, though I have tried making my own BBQ sauce. 

Before I started reading on this forum, I'd never heard of the 3-2-1, nor the "40 to 140 in 4" rule, or anything like that.  So, I definitely have a lot to learn. Hopefully I'll have some better smokes along the way.

-Anthony

Thanks.

Also, can someone tell me what "Q View" is?
It is a picture of what you are cooking..

Here's how...http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to-smf

If ya dont post a picture ya end up getting one of our humorous sayings or pics!!

1eb7db4f_1000x500px-LL-356f16fd_ThreadisUseless.jpg

Thanks so much.  I've already posted a picture in my "ribs" thread, so it looks like I'm OK with that part. 

Looks like I'll have a fun time over here.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking Basics 5-Day eCourse

As Craig said we do like the Q-view so post lots of pics.

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky