Sometimes you just never know...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...where good smoking wood can be found. Today, my son-in-law and I hauled a truckload of yard trash, bush trimmings, etc. to our landfill. The landfill has designated areas for everything and we carried our load to the wood debris area to unload. He pointed out to me that there on the ground was a freshly cut down cherry tree, already cut into log lengths.
20210612_143433.jpg

We unloaded our debris and without too much effort, loaded up a bunch of the logs. Unloaded at my house, a little hard work with the maul, and I have a decent stack of cherry for next year.
20210612_160108.jpg

I probably could've gotten twice what I got, but we just grabbed the easy stuff.

Give the son in law another reward (yeah he already got your daughter). You would have missed without his eyes?
I've picked apple a couple of times from the yard waste dump.
He noticed it first because it was on his side when we backed up to the pile. There was also some oak in the pile too, looked like live oak, but it would required a lot more work to get to and besides, I have plenty of white oak. He also did all the splitting with my maul, I just did the stacking. He's trying to look out for the old man, I guess...

I can't be to far from you. I'm in Horry County. Perhaps you cared to share the location of the dump? :emoji_wink:
Only problem is that it's not Horry County and you have to show proof of county residency, a driver's license, just to get in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky