Some cold smoked stuff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I used my little smokehouse to cold smoke a few things...

I always check the smokestack... the top is covered with screen but I check it anyway.

Got the smokehouse going, then adjusted for a low smoke...

I used pecan and apple wood for flavor....

I cold smoked everything at 65 degrees for about 7 1/2 hours...

the pecans, olives, cheeses, sea flakes, sea salt, p-nuts, a kosher salt/cracked black pepper/onion/garlic blend, and some cashews..

Thanks for looking!

Great smoke jeanie. Just did a few blocks of cheese last night but that was all.
Love the variety of goodies you had in there.
Didn't you cold smoke some honey one time? If it was you, can't remember if it was or not but I thought so, I was wondering how it turned out.

Thank you Dude and Fire!

Dude, the sea flakes are just sea salt still in flake form.

Fire it up..... I Do smoke honey too but still have a bit in the cupboard.
Here is a link to some from last fall...
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=73131

It's different and tasty. I like it on hot sopapillas.

Thanks you two!
biggrin.gif

You are like the entergizer bunny you just keep smoking and smoking and smoking. Then is all really good too. I like your vaerity too.

Nice variety of stuff Jeanie, but how can a smoker of yours have such a clean stack?

Thank you Mballi and Dan!
Mballi, I wish I had more energy. lol

Dan, I light smoke...non of that heavy gunk creating stuff. lol
biggrin.gif

You really get your TBS worth Jeanie.Thanks for sharing-again.

Last 2 months i have had a couple dreams of a smokehouse and you show a fine/proper way to do it....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

All I can say is WOW...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You have done it again...

a month late and somehow missed this thread, but wanted to say this really looks great!

I bet the cheese is really good.

Thank you Geert and Jerry, I've already used this stuff up and had to smoke another batch.
biggrin.gif

I was wondering what you've been up to... and now I know. Great pics of your cold smoke. May you have a Happy New Year Jeanie.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky