So. What does a good smoke ring look like?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Blue Ridge Smoker

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
All comments welcome critical or other.
First timer beef briskit. Pit boss 1150PS2
20210403_205837.jpg

Looks great to me, a lot of the smoking Youtube videos for the thumbnail it looks like they used some kind of smoke ring-enhancing image filter.

How did it come out? You said 1st time making one, how long have you been smoking? I just started myself and have had a few vets suggest I start with some pork butts and rubs and work my way up to a brisket,

Reactions: Blue Ridge Smoker
Looks great to me, a lot of the smoking Youtube videos for the thumbnail it looks like they used some kind of smoke ring-enhancing image filter.

How did it come out? You said 1st time making one, how long have you been smoking? I just started myself and have had a few vets suggest I start with some pork butts and rubs and work my way up to a brisket,
I've added wood chips to my old charcoal grill for as long as i can remember. That smell and taste of wood probably goes back to my childhood days where my grandmother had only a pot belly wood stove for heat and a monster wood stove in the kitchen.
But I'm no expert by far, I've had a smoker for one week.
My father has used a pellet smoker for 8 or 10 years and swears you almost can't mess up. Which is perfect for me.
Started with pork ribs(easy peasy) , chicken breasts day 3, then short ribs day 4.
Yesterday was a test for myself and the "ease of pellet smoking" can a noobie smoke a brisket.

I think it came out real good thanks for asking.
I'm certain by hanging around this forum I'll only get better.

I think you hit it. That’s a super nice smoke ring. I did a small flat about a month ago and although I had a great smoke ring I didn’t quit get the full bend. Still good though. Here’s my first.

Attachments

• 2C7755A2-F922-401F-815E-CE1AAE7108F2.jpeg
    2C7755A2-F922-401F-815E-CE1AAE7108F2.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Blue Ridge Smoker
I think you hit it. That’s a super nice smoke ring. I did a small flat about a month ago and although I had a great smoke ring I didn’t quit get the full bend. Still good though. Here’s my first.
YUM!
You just made up my mind for what to smoke this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky