So the weatherman says it’s gonna be a little breezy….

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chp

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2020
Colorado
So I planned to smoke a few butts today for some pulled pork and street tacos. I knock out the morning chores and am met with 10-15 mph sustained winds. Not the best condition, but my Horizon offset has some mass, so I light the fire and head in for coffee. Turn on the news and the weatherman says there is a front moving through and it may be a little breezy. Great! I carry over a nice pile of wood, get to temperature and put in the butts. That was about 7am and the wind ranged from a pleasant 5-10 to ‘holy crap’ that was a gust. The offset was very hungry and went through the wood, but held about 200 until the winds died down about 3pm. IT is now in the 190s and feeling tender, which is great because I am running out of room in the FB! Any of you have to clean out mid-cook on those less than ideal days?
284EFE59-96C4-425A-9F6E-EC8727F1101E.jpeg

79F6F7E6-AF30-4BBD-A23E-EED47100F1D3.jpeg

Almost there….just need to fit in a few more sticks.

Hopefully you can make it to the finish!! Windy here today also, gusts into the 40's with 10 minute averages at 30mph.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky