So many cooks so many som tams,so here is mine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's going to be grilled ling cod with some Thai flavours arranged ,ala Leaha over green mango salad .
Salad is shredded green mango,ruby grapefruit,red pepper,red onion,cucumber,peanuts,mint,cilantro,lime leaf.
I will put a dressing that's lime juice,fish sauce,palm sugar,rice vinegar & chilli.
It's a Leah style of dish but Thai style. Dont expect the glamour presentation!

I added juice from a blood orange to sweeten it a bit,some sambal olek for some heat,no soy,chopped cilantro .I can't give you measurements because I didn't measure anything when I made the dressing ,I just built off a base of thejuice of 2 limes.
It's a lot about the contrast between the salad ingredients, really tasty. Green mango is more like a vegetable than a fruit.

Well Mate, you have indeed done something so very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks delicious and it's a travesty that eating my computer could interfere with my writing career, or else I'd just devour this!

Fantastic stuff!

The colors and flavors all look and sound amazing! That all really looks wonderful! And now I'm craving cilantro even!

I love it! Such fabulous stuff!!!!

Cheers indeed!!!! - Leah

Next time I will brine it with those Thai flavours then smoke it,then put it over the salad.
MES is in Sydney I am still hiding out on the South Coast.
I didn't have a white wine cold so I just had a Coopers Pale Ale with it.
You could substitute one of those Thai Basil's for cilantro. I backed the palm sugar off only 2 cubes,didnt hurt it. I squeezed lemon juice over the green mango after I shredded it.

Yes it's healthy ,no carbs, not much sugar,no gluten if any of that is an issue. If you get the dressing right it all fits. Turmeric in the dressing is an easy fit if you like.
The herbs are a big part, but its the green mango that makes it distinctly Thai.
You can put anything on the salad so any of your seafood selection will be a fit.
Might not be salad weather in your 'hood but you get the idea.

That looks stunning and would taste even better. I love fish with fresh greens and I love Thai flavours. Well done.

Disco

Another Killer Meal! Nice...JJ

Actually Mick, it's always "salad weather" for me (smiles) and I devour mounds of it!

I'm so impressed with how you cook, and will keep my eyes open here for green mangos!!!

So well done, indeed!

Cheers! - Leah

It's going to be grilled ling cod with some Thai flavours arranged ,ala Leaha over green mango salad .
Salad is shredded green mango,ruby grapefruit,red pepper,red onion,cucumber,peanuts,mint,cilantro,lime leaf.
I will put a dressing that's lime juice,fish sauce,palm sugar,rice vinegar & chilli.
It's a Leah style of dish but Thai style. Dont expect the glamour presentation!
Ling… How can something so ugly be so tasty?  The epitome of " Cant judge a book by it's cover"

Thats is not a meal. It is a masterpiece!
Standing ovation!
Brian  
Thanks very much. I was trying to do a Leah style of meal that would fit with the stuff she is allergic to. Our ling cod look the same as yours.
Those som tams are ridiculously healthy ,what I need after Xmas. I have a sardine dish that I will do when I get back to Sydney,I like those little poor mans fish .I don't need the omega 3 reasons I like the taste & I like the fact that there's a real world wide kitchen tradition that goes with them.

Not a classic , but surely look tasty and seeing the ingredients , it must be great.

I'll put the misses on duty for this one
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Mick.

BTW : I guess "our" dog here is family of yours... When we come home late , we have to wake him up when his laying in front of the gate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky