So I got this thought....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eric froemming

Original poster
Nov 10, 2013
After I smoked my bacons and reading the threads about slicers. Right now I am doing it the old fashioned way with a sharp knife.  I have this thought about using a bandsaw to slice the bacon but not with the tooth side of the blade.  I was thinking if I turned the blade around and used the miter gauge I could use a wet stone to put an edge on it giving me a non jagged cut. now for the deck I would take a piece of corian countertop (counter top makers have scraps for free) and used the toothed edge to cut it into place giving me a nice tight fit to slice the bacon pretty thin (If I wanted too).  What do you think? my question is would the ""dull" side of the bansaw blade take an edge? I think if this idea works, you could buy a cheap tabletop bandsaw from harbor freight and wham bam sliced bacon mam. for 1/4 or less the cost of a deli slicer.  Whatchya think?

Not a bad idea. I've never done this before but I think the bacon would have to be slightly frozen to prevent the band blade from pulling it down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky