SNP smoker thinking of changing it to propane need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mudduck

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
nettleton ms.
i have snp thinking of going to propane need some pic
from someone that has done this
do i need dual or single burners
do they put out good heat
i will get parts from gassmoker.com
is this a good move or not
all help appreciate

A single burner Afterburner H will suffice.

I've used mine from as low as 140° to as high as 360°.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Depends on what you want. If you want the convenience of propane, it is a great move If at a later time you want to go back to a charcoal smoke you can just lift the burner out in a few seconds.

Dave

I had to dig way back to find how I did mine:
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...LPG+conversion

Further into the thread are my temp tests on my rig after installing the burner, as well as some precautions I followed so as to not have an unplanned major event.

This is a turkey fryer burner upgrade/conversion, with a high pressure regulator. This allows me to dial the temp from a cold smoke to about 300* with plenty of output leftover. Works great!

You will spend much less money on fuel..charcoal/lump vs propane, there is no comparison. You may miss the flavor of the charcoal, as I did, but you can put some in the fire box along with the smoke wood.

Good luck on the conversion! I love mine!

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky