Snack sticks w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lnmnmarty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Denver
Gave away a lot of sticks for xmas. Time to restock while I have the time off. Here are some pics of the process. Enjoy!

Grinding

Mixing

Stuffing

Into the smoker

Adding smoke

The cleanup crew

More to come
drool.gif

I really need to get set up to make sausage! Those look fantastic, I love the long sticks! There used to be a butcher here that sold 3' and 4' long sticks! Was always fun going with dad to get a stick that was taller than I was!

Thanks, Here is where I get the casings.

They do online ordering. The price seems to be fair. Nepas is probably getting a better price, but I would have to partner up with someone to use that many. How many in that case, Nepas?  These come 2 in a pack and there are 12 packs. Should last all year.

By the way, I should thank everyone here for sharing all their experience. I got a meat grinder and a sausage book for Xmas last year, and it has turned into.......well you guys know the rest of the story
icon_biggrin.gif
Really cant remember but each strand is coiled (pressed) at 50' lengths. Each caddy depending on size mm will stuff diff lbs of meat. I gone thru 4 caddys of these casings now. caddy cost is like $211.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Those sticks look great! How does the cherry taste on the sticks? I use hickory for most of my sticks, that's why I'm asking. Might have to try cherry sometime.

I like the clean up crew too.

Those sticks look great! How does the cherry taste on the sticks? I use hickory for most of my sticks, that's why I'm asking. Might have to try cherry sometime.

I like the clean up crew too.
Cherry tastes good. I used oak as well. 50/50. I have used hickory a lot, in fact i have tried many different woods and to be honest I cant really tell the dif after a few days.I like a lot of smoke.
interested in what seasoning you used ??
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/103777/spicy-stick-recipe

Edit: I don't use ECA. I don't like the tang.

I follow that recipe almost exactly. I add granulated garlic and onion. And cheese of course. 
icon_biggrin.gif
 Thanks to all for the nice words

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky