Snack Sticks In The MES.... Well, Not Exactly !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I really wanted to spend some time smokin this weekend.... Had a 1/2 package of AC Legg seasoning & needed to use it up.******** The other 1/2 of the seasoning was used a few weeks ago, but when stuffing the casings on the last batch I noticed somethin different.... The plunger rod on my Kitchener stuffer had gotten off track just ever so slightly & was actually filing off tiny metal shavings on the top of the plunger & cylinder. There was no way I was gonna risk eating those, so as much as it hurt me to do... I picked up 12 1/2 lbs of stuffed sticks & off to the garbage I went ! It really bummed me out to have to do that, but I'd rather do that than not notice the issue & someone get sick ! **********

>>>>>> The reason I'am bringing this up is yea, I'm still a bit bummed bout the whole thing ! However, and more importantly is to give folks who use the Kitchener 5 lb stuffer a heads up of what happened to me. The stuffer was working as it always had, no indication there was an issue... I just thankfully noticed the filings. I'am by no means knocking the Kitchener stuffer as I have recommended the stuffer to folks here on SMF & to others as well. I'am simply just wanting those who have the stuffer to just keep an eye on your equipment, I just felt I needed to say this !

Reactions: disco
Dang it man on the snack sticks!! that sucks,,, I will be stuffing 20lbs later today and keep my eye out for that.  

How many lbs you have in that nice "clean" smoker now??

A full smoker is a happy smoker and yours look happy 

DS 

Dang it man on the snack sticks!! that sucks,,, I will be stuffing 20lbs later today and keep my eye out for that.  

How many lbs you have in that nice "clean" smoker now??

A full smoker is a happy smoker and yours look happy 

DS 

Yea, DS it was a difficult walk to the trash can... Had to have a few beers after that kick in the gut.... LOL. I have a total of round 12 lbs in my nice "clean" smoker.... LOL. I'd smoke more if it weren't for that dang ol work thing that seems to get in the way ! :biggrin: Appreciate ya dropping a line ! You doing a thread on yours today ?

Not yet I will see how today goes, mine will be Willeys texas hot links made into snack sticks and some Jap sticks,,, getting stocked up for hunting camp,, should have been up this weekend but My niece got married yesterday and had to go to that. Decided to stay here and do honey do's and get ready for the next 3 weekends being gone. 

DS 

Looks good so far.

Thanks Adam !

Not yet I will see how today goes, mine will be Willeys texas hot links made into snack sticks and some Jap sticks,,, getting stocked up for hunting camp,, should have been up this weekend but My niece got married yesterday and had to go to that. Decided to stay here and do honey do's and get ready for the next 3 weekends being gone. 

DS 

Oh cool, I've made Willies Hot Links so I'm sure the snack stick version will be awesome ! Jap sticks sound tasty too !

That's what I'm doing as well is getting a bunch of snack stuff ready for hunting, can't wait ! Hope ya have a successful season ! [emoji]127867[/emoji]

Looking Good already, Justin!!!
icon14.gif

I like doing those loaves, because they're soooo easy!!!

Those things will get twice as Dark Mahogany by the time they hit 160°.
drool.gif

Be Back-------

popcorn.gif

Bear

Dang it them look good, I wish I had more pitmasters blend, been out for awhile, need to make a order from Todd soon, Just go done stuffing 20lbs of snack sticks, 

Your full smoker is looking good
points.gif
, I will be doing mine in the fridge smoker tomorrow, a little much for the ol MES 

Good luck, kick back and have a cold one!!!
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky