Smothered Adobo Marinated Skirt Steaks (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only change I'd make is to cook the onions harder, but that's because of my allergy!!

I can certainly respect the allergy issue. Tracy is allergic to chicken. It breaks my heart that I have to wait for her to leave town before I can cook it, but you do what you gotta do. Personally, we prefer our veggies to still have some texture and crunch. When they are cooked to mush, there's just no flavor left. I probably monitor my veggies cooking as closely as I do my steaks just to make sure they are exactly as we like them. It makes mama happy, who in turn makes me happy :emoji_wink:

Al dante vegges at all costs,
Robert

Nice work Robert! My wife just bought me a new BBQ dome so this one is going to be on my list of things to do! That is a perfect definition of a meat and veggie meal!

P.S. Thanks so much for the kind words Bear. I truly appreciate it.

Had a brain fart,
Robert

Nice work Robert! My wife just bought me a new BBQ dome so this one is going to be on my list of things to do! That is a perfect definition of a meat and veggie meal!

Thanks so much Civil. I also used the dome last night for a Ruben Stromboli I made. This was the most perfectly cooked pizza like meal I've ever done!!

014.jpg

015.jpg

Needless to say, I'm wondering why it took me three lifetimes to figure this out :emoji_anguished:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thanks so much Civil. I also used the dome last night for a Ruben Stromboli I made. This was the most perfectly cooked pizza like meal I've ever done!!

View attachment 433158
View attachment 433159

Needless to say, I'm wondering why it took me three lifetimes to figure this out :emoji_anguished:

Robert
Now that is a proper hot pocket!!!! I had a Ruben for lunch today and I would have traded for sure!

Damn Robert that is one fine lookin' meal!

BIG LIKE!

Should be on the carousel...

Here are a couple for quarters for the ride....

John

Very much appreciate it my friend. This was one fun meal to do. Loved every minute of it. Thank you also for the quarters. Don't know if they will be well spent but the thought behind it is recognized and appreciated.

Robert

Looks great Robert! Well should say both meals look great. And for some odd reason I now have that dang hot pocket commercial stuck in my head

Ryan

It just looks amazing Robert! Glad to see you pulled out the SM for this one! That is such an amazing looking smoker. I love that you are able to grill with mesquite! I have a bag of chunks but don't use it all that often.

Looking forward to making this one on the OKJ Highland when the weather gets nicer.

Beautiful looking Reuben stromboli too!! I definitely know what that one tastes like...and I want a slice of it!

Like!

Thank you Jake. Appreciate it. On a different note, unless I've missed something I don't think I've seen you post anything recently. You saving up for the massive feast you're gonna drop on us?

waiting....
Robert
Lol I been busy with some remodeling. Finished it today though. Firing up the new smoker tomorrow to season it finally so there will be more soon! I do have a rack of lamb on the spinner......unless the bruschetta knocked it off

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Lol I been busy with some remodeling. Finished it today though. Firing up the new smoker tomorrow to season it finally so there will be more soon! I do have a rack of lamb on the spinner......unless the bruschetta knocked it off

Sorry about that. Nothing I have control over.

There's enough space on there for a lot more. Looking forward to seeing that new smoker in action.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Sorry about that. Nothing I have control over.

There's enough space on there for a lot more. Looking forward to seeing that new smoker in action.
Lol I'm just messin around bud. It did look delicious. That spread looked tasty

Lol I'm just messin around bud. It did look delicious. That spread looked tasty

It’s no problem my man. Didn’t really expect to be there with it but it was pretty tasty! Especially if you’re into curing.

Thanks again!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Robert that’s a five star meal all day long to me!! Love all those flavors melded and you executed them and plated beautifully!

Man I get busy and BAM Robert knocks another one out of the park.
Do you make the Guajillo Abodo sauce yourself or is this something you purchased?
I've got several new spices and chili's in my cabinet because of you! lol
The whole meal looks great and that bread/pizza thing - wow!
Very nice Robert - thanks for sharing.

Man I get busy and BAM Robert knocks another one out of the park.
Do you make the Guajillo Abodo sauce yourself or is this something you purchased?
I've got several new spices and chili's in my cabinet because of you! lol
The whole meal looks great and that bread/pizza thing - wow!
Very nice Robert - thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for the kind words. The Adobo sauce was received in a Christmas exchange. It is sold by a grocery store in the northeast called Wegman's. I do have a recipe for a Chili De Arbol sauce that is pretty darned good if you'd like to have that. Don't know if Wegman's delivers/ships or not. This just kinda showed up on my doorstep so I'm enjoying it while it lasts, then I'll have to see about replenishing the supply. If you do a search and find out that they do ship, another of their marinades I received in that same shipment is a Peruvian Marinade that is also fantastic.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky