Smoky Buffalo wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ismoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Independence, MO
So I did some smoked chicken wings the other day, and thought I would share. I have a full thread of the days events in the pork forum, but figured I'd split this out here.

Here are the chicken wings split with some rub on them:

4222495255_cbc28b3cf6_o.jpg

I didn't get another pic until they had been fried, but here are they are - I fried for about 1 minute, just to crisp the skins a little:

4223942158_9192c4df91_o.jpg

and here they are all sauced up!

4223959406_00f8c1c1bf_o.jpg

I made my sauce with hot sauce, butter, and honey, then I remembered reading somewhere (probably here) about people putting in a spoonful of grape jelly with the sauce, so I did that too. They came out too sweet for what I was looking for, but tasty anyways!

Thanks for checking out the Qview!

that looks very good.

Did you reach the amount of crispiness you desired?

Just deep fry at 350ish for a minute or two?

Those look great iSmoke!
Sometime try smoking the wings, let them sit in a hot sauce overnight and then fry them the next day, another delicious way of adding smokiness and flavor.

Yeah, I did just about a minute and they were crispy enough, though next time I may stretch it to 2 just to see how that turns out.

That sounds great! I'll have to try that!

Those wings look like they turned out great. I only use grape jelly in meatball sauce - but that is just me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky