Smokus Interruptus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyokie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Tulsa
I fired up Lucille yesterday to do some hickory spares, then something came up and I got distracted
redface.gif

To make a long story short, it got late, I threw on some balogna and sausge, ate that for dinner and pulled the ribs off with about 1 1/2 hours cooking time lacking.

It's one thing to reheat ribs, but I'm trying tofigure out the best way to finish cooking them. Should I finish them in the oven, and if so, foiled or naked. That, or should I fire up Lucille again and finish them that way? Or maybe someone's got an even better idea.

Hey Tim, this proably won't help, but, saturday I put a brisket flat in the smoker, it wasn't done by the time I had to go to the neighbors place for a get togather, so I foiled it and put it in a cooler wrapped in a towel, I put it in the ice box that nite and sunday put it back in the smoker, it never got more than 132 degrees and was tough as boot leather, I cooked it 4 hrs saturday and 7 on sunday. The good thing was that the tase was wonderful.
icon_surprised.gif
Just too damn tough. This don't help you any, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
smile.gif
Terry P.S.
Smokus Interruptus
, I think we both watched too much Bugs Bunny/ Road runner. haha

Tim, if it were me, I'd finish it in the oven. 1 1/2 hours foiled, 1/2 hour unfoiled, all at 220F.

Linda and I hope you guys are doing well!

Being that they've been cooked (albeit not completely) I think I'd finish them in foil so they don't dry up any. Maybe add some moisture of some sort, apple juice, finishing sauce something and just open them up at the end to firm them up a tad.

Tim, I think you should box them up and mail up here and let me take a good look at them.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
A good second opinion is always worth the effort of doin it......
And besides, if I happen to find a way to get them ribs cooked and tender, I will be more than happy to send you some pics and left over bones....
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

Such the consumate gentleman!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Here's what I did.

1 hr @ 250* foiled laying down (an hour because they were still cold , I figured it'd take a half hour just to get them up to temp.). 45 minute @ 275* stood up in a v rack to let them self baste while they barked up. And of course the juices and grease from the foil wnet back on them.

The bark was xlnt, the tenderness was just where it needed to be. The smoke penetration was incredible, they were pink almost all the way through, I wanted to take a pic, but the battery was dead on the camera. The flavor was (IMHO) better than most Q joints, but it just wasn't the same as if they'd been hickoried from start to finish. All in all it was better than going out to eat, and a fraction the cost.

Tim, are you a mind reader?
confused.gif
That was exactly what I was gonna do!!!!
eek.gif

Glad they turned out fantastic. Sounds parexcellente'!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky