Smoking woods for poultry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beerthirty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Grantville, Kansas
I was reading an above thread about using hickory for smoking your yard bird however does anyone use mulberry? I have some mulberry as well as some apple chips and hickory and I haven't decided which to use or maybe a mixture of a couple of the above. What does everyone think about mulberry as a lighter smoking wood?

Mulberry an apple will work tagether, but the hickory will over power both. Best to use it by itself in my experience. I like a stronger smoke personally an hickory is my favorite.

Apple an there cousins are very good on poultry as is maple.

Thanks, think that I will be adventurous and use all mulberry...maybe. Or do just like travcom and use hickory again. Guess I'll wait until Thursday morning to decide. I'll decide for sure by then, I hope.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky