Smoking Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wavector

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I couldn't find the worst smokes thread, so I thought I would post aanother thread. The last two smokes I had had some problems. Last weekend problem was potatoes on the top rack using Evoo and rolled in salt inside AL foil. Well, I should have double wrap them because one leaked and some of mine meats were really salty. This weekend I attempted the vinegarbrine thing . Too much vinegar twang:

Well, the vinegar brine didn't work out to good. It maybe okay for chicken piece, but not turkey breast. I'll tweek it some for more chicken later and add some EVOO. And wrap or tent the turkey at 140°F internal.

I'm starting comletely over on poultry. I'm going to Deb's site again and start over. I think I got a little carried away with tangents and wasted some time. The thing I did learn was to double wrap potatoes and to use white corn syrup on aluminum foil gaskets for adhesion. That worked out really good, though I would apply more and cover the foil where it attaches on outside a bit heavier, but it washed off no problem. The foil didn't really come off very hard at all after the smoke. I guess all isn't lost. The strays got some trukey breast last night and I was happy they were happy (it was only about $7.50 in meat).

I'm going to try it again this weekend hopefully.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky