Smoking Turkey Legs for Family!! D I S N E Y

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

primeboi0725

Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Going to be doing some SMOKED Turkey Legs this weekend.

Was hoping to get some good recipies from anyone that has ever smoked them. Prep/Temp/How Long/etc.

I have a offset smoker.

I would really like them to taste like the ones you get at Disney World. They are amazing.  Just by reading online it seems its pretty hard.

Any help would be great. 

Thanks,

Shelby B.

icon_cool.gif

First off Wecome to SMF there Shelby. You should go to the wiki section here and you might find some recipes there if not then we out here will come up with some good ones for sure. I would recommend that you brine them for a couple of hours in the Slaughter House Brine by Tip (travcoman 45). You should be able to find that one in the wiki section. Then you can cure them if you want to or you can just throw them legs in naked (I do that with some big beef smokes) and let them go. You'll be surprised how much flavor that you'll get for just the smoke. You could look up a rub to put on them and they are a dme a dozen around here. So I would brine them and throw on some Old Bay rub (my favorite store bought rub) then throw them into the smoker at about 375° and take them to maybe 165-170° and then enjoy. If you don't mind we here like Q-view of your smoke so we can enjoy it too. We are and you will be hooked on that stuff. You just wait it will happen and then the other half will be making fun of you for taking pictures and putting them on the internet. I guess it's kinda of a test to see if you will make it here at the great SMF.

Thank you mballi.  I really enjoy this site.  It seems everyone helps out everyone.  I
 did my first Qview yesterday.  You should check it out and tell me what you think. Its under First Smoked Boston Pork Shoulder!! Qview.

I will def look that up in wiki.  and will qview.

thanks again.

Last edited:
 You are so right!!!!   LOL

After you have been doing this for a while the other half in my house is the one reminding me to take the pics - Just bagged up some bacon yesterday and she took the pics - just sayin

i have a electric smoker that i luv...

.its heat maxes out at about 275 f..........

i use mortons sugar cure  at 1 table spoon a lb for about 2 hours...

i then rinse off and pat dry....

i then sprinkle tony's cajun lightly on them...

the mortons cure makes a big difference  I M O.........

i go for 250 f before i put them in smoker...

i also pre heat smoker....

small ones 2 1/2 hrs ...

big one 3 1/2 hrs----or thereabouts...

use thermometer---u cant go wrong......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky