Smoking turkey breast ahead of time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jspryor

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Omaha, NE
I want to hunt on thanksgiving so I am considering smoking a turkey breast on Wednesday afternoon. Any advice on reheating or should I just plan to do this on Thursday ? I am brining the bird.

You can Smoke it, on Wed, over a Pan with some Celery, Carrots and Onions...To catch the Dripping then add Chicken Broth and simmer this for 30-60 minutes to make a JUS...Thicken the JUS to make Gravy....Slice up the Turkey put in a Pan add the Gravy and cover with foil and into the refrigerator until Thurs...An hour or so before service...Put the Turkey in a 300-325*F oven and heat it up to 165*F and serve...All ready to go and you don't even have to take your Camo' off!...JJ

I would reheat the day of...........No need to miss a day of hunting 
biggrin.gif

Hey I am thinking about doing the same it will be my first time doing it this way, do you brine yours and what temp do you smoke it, if I put Mortons Tender cure in in brine for 12hrs or so should be good?? my smoker only will get to about 200 degrees, they will be small turkey breasts any help would be great, I know IT needs to be 165. can't wait for your picks. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky