Smoking Scrapple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Grandmother used to serve us (Pon Haus)
Fried slices in a skillet and served with syrup

Sure would like to try it again! That was in the 1940's

Yes, I've done it and I think I posted on that thread you were talking about, I put a picture up as well. Anyway, scapple smoked is great (at least I think so) and I'm pretty sure you will to as long as you like scrapple. I found the very best way to smoke it was to slice it first then lightly coat it in oil then just throw it on, I'm usually smoking something else while I do this so the temp is based on whatever else I have going on. And I just let em go until the outside is crispy. But you have to slice first so you get a lot of crispy surface area which is also helped by the oil. But overall the scrapple picks up great smoke flavor very readily, gets crispy on the outside and stays soft on the inside. So I say eat up, and good luck.

Thanks for the info, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll try that too. But I want to smoke it like I do the canadian bacon I make and go back later when itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s cold and slice it , dust it with corn meal and pan fry it for breakfast (something fast, I wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have the patience to wait that long) LOL! :lol:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky