Smoking question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kat4568

Original poster
Nov 12, 2013
Hi Folks, I am new to electric smoking, I received a Landmann Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker. I have a couple of unintelligent questions about the smoker. Are their any cook books for using an electric smoker? I have a 6 pound ham I would like to smoke tomorrow morning. What are the temperatures I should set the smoker to? 

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving..

Ken

I use an Electric smoker, not your but an electric. IT or internal temp is what we usually go by, but if you just want an estimate maybe this will help.

Its just for guess-tamation purposes because when using Time/Temp there are numerous variable that charts never take into consideration, like snow storms or wind, or rain, etc.....

If you'll right click on the chart, click open in new tab, it will enlarge.

If its a cooked ham, I would estimate 45 mins on high, then dropping the temp to about 230  degrees, then about 35 mins. per pound. This is all estimates upon my part, where you are it could be cold unlike here.

Last edited:
Reactions: domlazz
Thanks Foamheart,

I will use your guide. 

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving,

Ken

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky