Smoking Pork Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mindraven

Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Reading this site about a month ago inspired me to buy a Brinkman Vertical Gas smoker, and the past couple weekends I've been doing spare ribs and just about have them perfect.

When I was first reading this site I was reading a post about smoking pork chops, but now I can't find it.

I've got like 6 2" think pork chops, weighing about 3/4 of a lb each. I had thought I read about brining overnight and then injecting with apple juice prior to smoking, but like I said I can't find the specific post. Tried searching, but apparently just not using the proper keywords.

So, my first post here is asking for a bit of advice on smoking pork chops. Also trying to plan on when to start them, and I think I remember seeing 4-6 hours smoke time, but wanted to verify.

Thanks in advance.

a basic brine would be 3/4 cup of salt to 1 gallon of water. Although I just inject mine with apple juice and what ever else hits my fancy. You wil want to smoke to 160 and have smoker at 225. Hope that helps and I am sure someone with more knowledge will be along and help more

BTW I have the same smoker

Welcome to smf, chek out Jeffs free 5 day course, it's very helpful, and sign in to roll call, for proper introductions
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky