Smoking newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoffer

Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Janesville, Wisconsin
Hi all. Just got my first smoker last weekend. A Masterbuilt 30" electric (won the smoker after having thought of buying one for a couple years. Now I don't have to buy one). I'm a Weber charcoal grilling type guy and even though we live in Wisconsin I use it all year long on the average of twice a week. Just got our first gas grill a couple years ago just for quickie meals. We love to camp and cook mostly over a campfire or by using a dutch oven. I also make my own jerky by grinding my venison and using that for the meat that I dehydrate. On top of my love of the outdoors I like to camp, visit our rustic cabin in Northern Wisconsin, I'm an avid bow hunter for deer, we love to get on our Harley and ride and I'm a smart ass :) 

I'm looking for lots of new ideas and ways to cook using our smoker. First thing I'd like to smoke is some jerky using sliced venison. Then maybe some salmon. Looks like some great ideas on here.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a pretty nice day in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thanks Gary, wishing I had more time to spend in the forum and website and get my get wet. Thinking of smoking some salmon this weekend.

Welcome from SC, Heffer. It sounds like you already have your feet wet. This is a great site. There's a lot to learn and a lot for you to share with others. Jump right in and enjoy.

Good luck and keep on smokin', Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky