smoking my first brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pafiresmoker

Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Manchester, PA
Okay guys I am looking for some advise. I am going to smoke a 5 lb brisket tomorrow on my Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker and I have a few questions. I wonder what temp should I smoke at? About how long should ot take? I am marinating it now and gonna use a dry rub with no foil. Was thinking of pulling and foiling at 160 then finishing until 200. If I do it this way should I remove at 200 and put in a cooler for about an hour? Thanks for any help

Okay guys I am looking for some advise. I am going to smoke a 5 lb brisket tomorrow on my Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker and I have a few questions. I wonder what temp should I smoke at? 250'ish About how long should ot take? No set rule.....it's done when done. Insert temp probe then ride it out.  I am marinating it now and gonna use a dry rub with no foil. Was thinking of pulling and foiling at 160 then finishing until 200. If I do it this way should I remove at 200 and put in a cooler for about an hour? Yes, or 2 to allow meat to reabsorb the juices.  Thanks for any help
Okay guys I am looking for some advise. I am going to smoke a 5 lb brisket tomorrow on my Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker and I have a few questions. I wonder what temp should I smoke at? About how long should ot take? I am marinating it now and gonna use a dry rub with no foil. Was thinking of pulling and foiling at 160 then finishing until 200. If I do it this way should I remove at 200 and put in a cooler for about an hour? Thanks for any help

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky