• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Meat and Chicken

ramfive

Joined Jan 5, 2006
I have a qestion for the expert smokers. I do some smoking of meat and chicken. However, when I eat the meat or chicken, I get bloated. Is becaause of the smoke. I normally use oak or mesquite for the wood. When I put a piece of meat or chicken in the mircrowave to warm up, you smell the smoke flavor. I am not sure if I am doing something when smoking the meat or chicken. You suggestions are appreciated.

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
yo dude,
i would make sure that the meat was hot smoked to the correct temperature.

i do this with digital thermometers.

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2005
Howdy Ramfive. I not sure what you mean by bloated .... when I eat good BBQ I tend to eat a lot and feel very full too.

Smoked food can leave me rumbly feeling for about 30 minutes or so after that things quiten down. (But it tastes so good) Now if a heavier wood is use like hickory or mequite it can lead to some serious heartburn in the middle of the night.

Smoked food will affect different folks in different ways, I even have one friend who is allergic to mesquite and can't eat it or even be around the smoke.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
I have that problem too but it is mostly from eating way too much. I can not stop myself so I have learn that it is best to take a nap after eating.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.