Smoking lamb for the first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
I am going to be doing a bunch of pork butts for pulled pork in the near future and I was thinking about throwing a boneless leg of lamb on that has been in my freezer all summer. I am guessing that low and slow will be awesome on the lamb. Anyone have a good recipe I can follow? I have cooked lamb plenty of times but never smoked it. I am thinking about rosemary, garlic salt pepper etc. would be good but if you have something that is proven good I would love to hear it.

Sounds like you are right on, just try and not over cook it, they come out awsome.

Good luck with it.

I once saw Jamie Oliver (the naked chef) do a bone in leg of lamb on a spitand over an open fire and it looked really awesome for sure. He did it with some salt ground pepper and rosemary sprigs. He cut slits into the meat and stuck in the rosemary and then some garlic gloves into the meat and roasted it that way. I happen to have a bone in and a boneless leg of lamb in the freezer too.

What temp are you taking it off at?

If you can eat it rare 125' - 130' would be better, you can always zap it in the micro on low and still keep it moist.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky