1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Flavor Chart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deejaydebi, Dec 8, 2006.

1. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

Hi All -

As a newbie one of the things I search all over the place for was a chart to tell me what woods, herbs and rinds to use for smoking food. Over the past few years I collected several notes on the subject and compiled a chart for all to download as a guide.

http://www.deejaysworld.net/SmokingFlavorChart.pdf

If you find there is something I missed that needs to be addded let me know and I'll add it and update the chart.

Debi

2. jrollins

jrollins Fire Starter

Very good . But did not see crabapple????

3. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Thanks Debi! Check out the thread Woods for Smoking. Your Herb list is a nice addition.

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

Okay guys it's all added!
    I like to have a chart to look things up on.

Debi

5. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

jrollins,
    Crab apple is no different from regular or full sized apple trees. That's true for cultivation, maintenance etc. Also, it's true for the use of the wood for smoking. Use it just as you would regular apple..... it's all good mama!

6. Thanks to Debi and Earl , good stuff!!!!!

7. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Debi, Earl...
    Thanks for all the great info....going to make a very nice addition to the growing volumes of print-outs I have already..

Later
    Richard

8. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

i like the pdf

9. Hi Debi,,

Do you have any knowledge about mango wood. Great idea re herbs spices in the pan.