• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Flavor Chart

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Hi All -

As a newbie one of the things I search all over the place for was a chart to tell me what woods, herbs and rinds to use for smoking food. Over the past few years I collected several notes on the subject and compiled a chart for all to download as a guide.

http://www.deejaysworld.net/SmokingFlavorChart.pdf

If you find there is something I missed that needs to be addded let me know and I'll add it and update the chart.

Debi

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Thanks Debi! Check out the thread Woods for Smoking. Your Herb list is a nice addition.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Okay guys it's all added!
I like to have a chart to look things up on.

Debi

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
jrollins,
Crab apple is no different from regular or full sized apple trees. That's true for cultivation, maintenance etc. Also, it's true for the use of the wood for smoking. Use it just as you would regular apple..... it's all good mama!

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2006
Debi, Earl...
Thanks for all the great info....going to make a very nice addition to the growing volumes of print-outs I have already..

Later
Richard

dr good

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 20, 2006
Hi Debi,,

Do you have any knowledge about mango wood. Great idea re herbs spices in the pan.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.