Smoking first brisket this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickdentist

Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Brandon
Hey Yall. I am going to smoke my first brisket this weekend. I am looking for some opinions on different ways to smoke this. I would appreciate some of yall telling me how you go about doing a brisket.

Thanks alot.

Wow........look at all the first time briskets being smoke this weekend

here's how i did mine

marianded it in zesty italian dressing.......put in it there friday......

Sat. mid morning.........took it out of the marinade.............WITHOUT washing it down.......put jeffs rub on it.....wrapped it in plastic...put in fridge till bout 8:30.....took it out to get to room temp

started fire at 9:30.........ecb ready at 250 just before 10..........

put it on........i used hickory and apple, with cherry once in awhile, in tribute to Scott in KC...may he r.i.p.......i only know of him from his great posts on pizza........

bout 3 am it hit 170

wrapped it.......here i screwed up......i put it in the cooler......should of put it back on the smoker........or the oven if you want to get some shuteye.....till it hit 190 for slicing, or 200 for pulling...learned all that here.....thankx guys.........

so it finished up, once i take away the time i slipped up..........took till bout 1:30 or so.........in REAL time it was 3:15..........its wrapped in towels and blankets in the cooler.......waiting till supper rolls around

hope this helps.......like i said......this is MY first brisket also

Wd

Many ways to get a great finished product, i useally keep it simple, mild rub or salt n pepper and smoke till 195*, rest and eat

i slather it with mustard and jeff's rub, wrap in saran wrap into the fridge overnight. next morning get smoker to temp, place brisket in smoker fatcap down. let smoke for 2-3 hours, then every 45 minutes to an hour i spray (apple juice mixed with: either EVOO, some kind of alcohol, or nothing). after it hits 170°, i wrap in foil. take it to 200° (measured in the flat), and let it rest for an hour or two. then i slice the flat and pull the point. my wood of choice is mesquite, and i usually also use pecan or oak.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky