smoking during IKE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

werdwolf

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 24, 2008
Northern Ohio
Just sort of a weird story. It has beeen to long since I smoked anything. Previously posted about pulling what I thought was a Tri tip roast, to find out they were steaks.

Well still wanted to smoke something on Sunday and didn't realize the weather was coming so soon. Found an old chuck roast to smoke for pulled beef. Threw a cheeseburger bacon fattie together. threw some ABTs and Jarrod's baked beans on.

Well it was fun about half way thru when the winds were kicking up to 50-70 miles per hour with the remnants of IKE comming thru. at one point the lights flickered in the house but clocks and TV kept working, so didn't think anything about it. Go outside to check and my MES is off. lost most of the temp and smoke.

Long story short, finished the ABT's under the broiler and came out OK. We were hungry so they got eaten before the camera came out. The rest eventually got done, The fattie was a little dry. here's the Q VIEW of the fattie and beans.

Monday night after work spent 2 hours with the kids cutting down limbs etc cleaning up! Oh well everyone's safe and electricity is on so guess I can't complain to much.
ab76090b_vbattach20192.jpg

That looks mouthwatering. especially the fatty. Is that a special recipe on the beans or something you just through together. All these fatty posts i might just make one tommorow. I wanna try one so bad. Good job

O and glad everyone is safe. Where are you located. I live in Pensacola (Gulf Coast of Florida) and luckily we have been spared this year

Glad ta hear everything worked out OK! Looks like everyone still got a good meal even after Ike messed w/ yer smoke.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Keep safe!!

I heard that a lot of the utility truck in your area went to Texas, not knowing you guys were going to get bad weather. I sure hope that's not the case.

IT is!

Mostly from the Cleveland area. They are getting them from PA, Indiana, and Toledo. Columbus is supposed to be a mess.

Ya, Cleveland sent utility trucks to Texas. They are pulling from Toledo, PA, Indiana. I guess Columbus got the worst of it in Ohio.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky