Smoking Chilis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have no idea, but figured I'd give your post a bump!

Ryan

What are you trying to accomplish? smoked flakes and powder? If so, I would cold smoke then dehydrate. Word of caution, do the dehydration outside. I dehydrated habs a few years ago and luckily put it outside on the porch. When we walked out our front door we thought we were hit with tear gas, can't imagine what it would have been like if I did it in the kitchen.

Reactions: jcam222
I’d likely smoke them dehydrate. I have some powder now that I was gifted. It’s a mix of red savine habanero and fatalis. It’s excellent.

I've had success smoking jalapeños and habaneros (as long as you like), then dehydrating. We keep them in ziploc bags and use them for up to three years.

What are you trying to accomplish? smoked flakes and powder? If so, I would cold smoke then dehydrate. Word of caution, do the dehydration outside. I dehydrated habs a few years ago and luckily put it outside on the porch. When we walked out our front door we thought we were hit with tear gas, can't imagine what it would have been like if I did it in the kitchen.
yep. I've been dehydrating outside for years. I grew ghost peppers for a few years and you could smell them when approaching the house if I had the drier running in the back yard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky