Smoking chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Order some Butcher BBQ Bird booster injection. Thank me later :). Seriously it wil give you the moistest tastiest bird ever. Alternatively you could use some Tony Chacjeries injection. It also has phosphates.

Reactions: chopsaw
Put you finger under the skin and loosen it up. You’ll make a kind of pocket. This will let you put rub or compound butter underneath.

When cooking skin on chicken the seasoning mix goes onto the skin and does not get to the meat. Suggestions?

Brine.
You can include seasonings in the brine mix if you like.
You may just be amazed at how much flavor you get with a simple salt + water brine and then season on the skin and all of the outside of the chicken with your other seasonings MINUS salt.

I do it all the time for amazing chicken! I hope this info helps :)

I usually brine and do the butter rub under the skin with good results. But
Order some Butcher BBQ Bird booster injection. Thank me later :)
this has my attention...I need to make an order a BPS soon anyways...maybe toss one of these in the cart too.

Reactions: TNJAKE and jcam222
I usually brine and do the butter rub under the skin with good results. But

this has my attention...I need to make an order a BPS soon anyways...maybe toss one of these in the cart too.
I did a bunch of whole turkey breast awhile back injected with it. Multiple folks have told me they have never had breast so juicy. I concur, it’s astounding even over a month later out of the freezer.

Reactions: tallbm and TNJAKE
I did a bunch of whole turkey breast awhile back injected with it. Multiple folks have told me they have never had breast so juicy. I concur, it’s astounding even over a month later out of the freezer.
I also like that stuff. Kosmo has a couple good bird injections also. As well as a nice beef injection I love

Reactions: jcam222
I like the Cornell recipe. marinate.
when grilling, brush on the sauce, sprinkle with your rub and turn over, repeating the process. The marinade will help the rub stick.

always get great results with Cornell, with or without sprinkling on extra spices/rubs

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky