Smoking brisky the day before - check my process

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scvinegarpepper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Lowcountry, SC
I'm aware of the method where some take it to 165 then wrap it and quick cool it and reheat in the foil the next day. But I want to do something a little different and wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

Doing a whole packer on Friday for dinner Saturday evening. My plan is to smoke it to completion (IT 200*). Then remove the point and cut into burnt ends. Then put it all in the fridge, the "unfinished" burnt ends and the flat (unsliced and still in foil). Saturday morning I'll fire up the Weber to finish the burnt ends and reheat the flat either on the Weber or in the oven if I need the space on the Weber for my turkey.

My main question is, going this route how hot do I need to get the flat? Do I take it back to 200 degrees? I don't want to dry it out. I'll have some foiling juice in the foil with it. Thanks for any advice on this. I'm confident in my briskets but I've never done it the day before like this.

I'm aware of the method where some take it to 165 then wrap it and quick cool it and reheat in the foil the next day. But I want to do something a little different and wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

Doing a whole packer on Friday for dinner Saturday evening. My plan is to smoke it to completion (IT 200*). Then remove the point and cut into burnt ends. Then put it all in the fridge, the "unfinished" burnt ends and the flat (unsliced and still in foil). Saturday morning I'll fire up the Weber to finish the burnt ends and reheat the flat either on the Weber or in the oven if I need the space on the Weber for my turkey.

My main question is, going this route how hot do I need to get the flat? Do I take it back to 200 degrees? I don't want to dry it out. I'll have some foiling juice in the foil with it. Thanks for any advice on this. I'm confident in my briskets but I've never done it the day before like this.
Anything over 140° will be safe to serve!

Keep the foil tightly wrapped and try not to get extreme with the reheat temps (not directly over the fire)

Anything over 140° will be safe to serve!

Keep the foil tightly wrapped and try not to get extreme with the reheat temps (not directly over the fire)
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably take it out of the foil at the end of the reheat to firm up some of the bark as well. Hopefully it'll turn out fine. I think it'll be fine since I'm not slicing it until after the reheat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky