Smoking Brisket on MES 40.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mytime321

Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Melbourne, FL
I'm smoking a 4 pound brisket and it's having a little smoke coming out, but not a lot.  Has anyone had this happen with the MES40?

If this should be in another forum please let me know.

You don't want a lot of smoke coming out.  You should be looking for thin blue smoke.  If you have a lot of white billowing smoke, you are doing it wrong.  A lot of other people on here can explain this better, but just because you don't have a ton of smoke coming out doesn't mean you aren't smoking correctly. 

Bigfish

There should not be smoke billowing out.  here is a link from Todd showing what it should and should not look like.  Also here is a pic from a chuck roast I did.  I quite using the smoke tray and switched to Todd's AMNPS...much easier to use.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/ga...mokingmeatforums.com/0/02/02b952ab_TBSPic.jpg

18987fa7_0226121243.jpg

I'm smoking a 4 pound brisket and it's having a little smoke coming out, but not a lot.  Has anyone had this happen with the MES40?

If this should be in another forum please let me know.
Are you talking about the top vent or the lower intake vent? I know we're all assuming you're talking about the top. However, you may be saying your getting some from the bottom intake. That will happen if you have your unit in a crosswind, where the wind changes 180 degrees back and forth and there is high wind and gusts.

WC

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky