smoking brisket ahead of time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NM
ill be smoking brisket for about 125 people. i would like to smoke the brisket a week ahead of time, need some advise please

1- how much brisket for 125 people(sandwhiches)

2-after brisket is cooked should i wait on shreadaing it until the day i serve it?

3-best method of rewarming so that i dont effect the tenderness of the meat?

many thanks my friends

For sandwiches, I would figure about 20 people per brisket. IMHO brisket is made to be sliced unless you are going to grind the whole thing and make chopped beef. I would slice it the day of and place it in a foil pan with it's own juice, some beer, and a beef bullion cube. I would cover this foil pan and place it into your smoker or an oven to warm.

Sliced seem to go a lot farther too with slices most people try not to look like a pig but with pulled meats everybody packs it on!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky