Smoking a turkey in a Bradley Electric Smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mbriggster

Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
I got this smoker for Christmas last year and have had fun learning the ropes of the smoking world.

I'd like to try a turkey for thanksgiving. My issue is that the Bradley seems a little low powered at times and has problems getting up to temp with a lot of meat inside. Anybody else out there tried this? Any helpful hints or don't do's? 

I think another option might be some Cornish Hens, but I'd really rather go with a 10-12 lb turkey. 

Let me know what you think.

I got this smoker for Christmas last year and have had fun learning the ropes of the smoking world.

I'd like to try a turkey for thanksgiving. My issue is that the Bradley seems a little low powered at times and has problems getting up to temp with a lot of meat inside. Anybody else out there tried this? Any helpful hints or don't do's? 

I think another option might be some Cornish Hens, but I'd really rather go with a 10-12 lb turkey. 

Let me know what you think.
I've heard that many times about the Bradley, but I can't say for sure, because I never personally tried one.

However if it gets to 275° and can hold that, or even 250°, I would think it could do the Job.

I would definitely not even think about stuffing it, and I would suggest "Spatchcocking" the Bird.

And I would not want to go over 12 pounds on that bird.

That's all I got for you---Maybe an experienced "Bradley Turkey Smoker" can be of more help.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky