Smoking a 15lb Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firsttimepro

Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
I am smoking a brisket for the first time and have a few questions. Can someone help me out with a few questions

Thats one heck of a brisket! First time GO BIG OR GO HOME I guess...lol. im definitely in for this one...ask away. There's plenty of us here with more than enough answers. :yahoo:

Good for you - the first brisket I smoked in my MES was a 16 lb one. 

Line up the questions and someone will definitely give you some answers. Letting us know what kind of smoker you are using will be very helpful and maybe where you are located, since altitude does play a part in how long it will take to cook. 

A good thermometer that is calibrated , and a lot of 'patience' is needed. Unless you cut it up into smaller pieces , it's gonna be a long ride. You're looking at a possible 22hrs. at 225*F average.

or several , 225*F for 1.5 to 2 hrs. per pound

apox. 200*F , you'll have tender Brisket like this one,

with patience your meal will turn out marvelous
drool.gif

Good luck , don't give-up and  . . .

Good for you - the first brisket I smoked in my MES was a 16 lb one. 

Line up the questions and someone will definitely give you some answers. Letting us know what kind of smoker you are using will be very helpful and maybe where you are located, since altitude does play a part in how long it will take to cook. 
smokinhusker how long did it take you using the mes?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky