Smoking 19 butts for a youth group fundraiser, with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jewelspapa

Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Henderson, KY
Got an early start today. Got the cookers fired up about 2:30 this morning. Smoking 19 butts to sell by the pound to raise money for the church youth group. Tried a mustard slather from Paul Kirk, first time for that. Then rubbed on Jeff's rub.

Had a lot of help from the girls.

e7f3059b_photo1.jpg

Quite a spread when they are all laid out together.

e6601574_DSCF3175.jpg

We had to use 2 cookers, luckily we have good friends.

c84af350_DSCF3176.jpg

Here they are all loaded up.

d00783b5_DSCF3180.jpg

eb8972de_DSCF3181.jpg

Of course we have a couple special ones for my family I had to keep serperate and do those on the Webber Kettle with the Smokenator.

359f7e5e_DSCF3182.jpg

After we got all those taken care of we whipped up some fatties and bacon and will have some steaks for lunch. So all in all it should be a good day.

Thanks for looking and God bless.

Jason

Looks great Jason. Congrats for getting involved with the kids fundraiser. Looks like you have some great helpers as well!

Thanks everyone. It has been a LONG day. Left them on for 12 hours and got help pulling them.

Here they are just before coming off the cooker.

e756f897_IMG_0540.jpg

Here are some of the folks we had to help pull all of them in 2 hours.

5ece7408_IMG_0541.jpg

And here are a couple of the final product. We sold by the pound and had containers perfect for it.

Thanks for looking.

2b9a852d_IMG_0543.jpg

e19a71e6_IMG_0542.jpg

Thanks, everyone. They stalled at about 140-145 for a little bit, but jumped after not too long. My big mistake was not getting them all up to 200. I took them off the cookers at about 185-190. They were a little tough to pull, but since I wasn't doing most of the pulling, it didn't bother me too much. I chose not to foil, but for this many and for ease of pulling will foil from now on.

Thanks again for all the great comments.

Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky