Smokin' weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

byounghusband

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Sachse, Texas
Well I finally got the ECB fired up this weekend. Did a Deer Ham, a Pork Shoulder and two racks of BB ribs. I also started the day with a batch of ABTs.

A buddy brought over about 6 lbs. of Sockeye Salmon. Check the other forum for that.

ABTs were filled with Venison Sausage and cheddar cheese and wrapped with Maple Bacon. First Pic before smoker, second Pic After....

The ribs and pork shoulder came out pretty good. I didn't wrap the ribs up in foil at all so the look pretty dark, but are done quite nicely.

The deer ham shrank LOT!!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
But came out with a nice smoke ring!! See the slice on the ham.
b9bba4d9_vbattach19956.jpg

088aae03_vbattach19955.jpg

d690ac43_vbattach19954.jpg

58eaeab0_vbattach19953.jpg

f44c9308_vbattach19952.jpg

you can try larding the deer roasts with fat strips or bacon. slice through with a long thin knife and push the strips or bacon through it in a few places. helps add fat and moisture to the meat.

that is one i did a while back. topped with bacon and onion and peppers.

Thanks Guys!! I will hae to try the bacon on teh Deer Ham next time.

So how do you all make your ABTs so that others can handle them. Some thought they were TOO HOT.
eek.gif
I cored them as best as I could.... Should U worry about it?
confused.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky