Smokin' today?

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by richoso1, Aug 31, 2007.

1. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I just looked at the clock and it is 2:28 pm (pst) and the temperature is 103*. The only thing smokin' is the bottom my shoes on the pavement. I can't handle this kind of heat while I'm out with the smoker that is surrounded by concrete. Time for a Bud bath...

2. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

i hear ya bro- it 80 something here w/ a dry cool north breeze- supposed to be 62 tonight- i may actually have to put on a shirt...... finally our heat wave broke.

3. yeah man, can you belleve this so cal heat? this is not what we pay the big bucks for. i am however smoking a brisket as we speak, tend to fire, run back in air conditioned house, repeat, repeat..... jack

4. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

not today but tommorow.

I will be doing a test run on my ribs & wings for the Silver Lake Backyard BBQ competition. http://slsdbbq.com

5. good luck on that, i wish we had more bbq comps in so cal

6. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I WANT A BRISKET! [​IMG]

7. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Me too Deb, and I want a PACKER! No... not a football player...

8. seaham358

seaham358 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Holy crap!!! 103 yikes... I hate the heat and when we get in the hight 80 and mid 90's I am one craggy SOB.
    Great day today... overcast in the am and sunny and mid 70's in the afternoon.
    I'll have a cold one for you...

Bob

PS why do they call a brisket a packer????

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Checkout my mention of a comp. in Recurring/competion BBQ. Moorpatk Sept. 8th.

10. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

hey john- go say hi to bubba,bud, & tonto for me & mine & wish them well. they are smokin'scotsman bbq.

11. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Come on down to my house Debi I have 2 14lb packers that have been marinating all night. I even have enough cold ones for the both of us.

12. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

gypsyseagod I hope I can remember to say Hi for you but it is my 1st comp. I hope I can remember how to BBQ my ribs & wings once I get there.[​IMG]