Smokin' on the Island

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wireless

Original poster
Hey everybody, I just joined cuz my new 30" MES just arrived & I will have a few questions about keeping my new smoker looking like new.

Name here is Jim & I live on the water on Grand Island, NY, about 9 miles above Niagara Falls.

My first question is how to keep the window clean?  Before I fire it up I want to do the right things to keep it clear.

A friend suggested using spray Pam before using it, but that seems to defeat the purpose of seeing clearly thru the window.

Thanks in advance & I am looking forward to learning the best method to wow my friends & family!

Hey Jim, welcome to SMF!  Glad you're here and ready to exercise that new toy.  Most folks want their equipment to look well used and seasoned, but I understand about the window.  There was a thread recently about folks using Magic Erasers on the window.  I could be wrong but I wouldn't use Pam.  I understand it can gum things up. 

Have fun! 

Ray

Hi Ray, Thanks for the info on the Magic Eraser, I will grab one next time I am in the grocery store.

I seasoned the MES today & found it was easy to assemble & prepare for my first smoking experience.

I wiped the glass clean today with no problem while it was still warm.

I will be going to Hoelscher's Meats in Kenmore tomorrow to pick up a couple of 3" thick bone-in Ribeye

steaks.... the recipe I found uses the smoker for the first hour and then finishes on a hot grill for searing

& crust, while maintaining a nice tender red center (Medium Rare).

http://www.smoking-meat.com/july-16-2015-smoked-bone-in-ribeye-steak

Now that's what I am talking about!!!!

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky