Smokin on in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

king salmon

Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Plain, Washington
I stumbled in here while looking for a new smoker. Currently I mainly use a Masterbuilt 7-in-1 propoane model but I've been through several others including electric and charcoal.

I like many aspects of the propane but often it won't burn cool enough without blowing out for my taste and the Masterbuilt is not set up well for hanging sausage links. Since I just harvested a deer a few days ago that I plan to use for sausage, I need something that is front-loading and that will hold a decent quantity of meat.

I'm open to electric or propane (since my neighbor has a charcoal smoker I can use I don't want to go that route) although since I already have a propane one I'm leaning for electric.

The Bradley looks decent although buying the pucks isn't too convenient because I live in a rural area (I wonder if I can make my own pucks?). Masterbuilt seems to have several that look good and I've looked at a few others too. So I will be interested to see what everyone here has to say.

I mostly smoke with alder, cherry and apple because they are abundant where I live but I'ved used and enjoyed many different woods.

Welcome to SMF King Salmon, I have a GOSM big block propane, as do many folks on this site. I have had nothing but great results with mine.

Welcome aboard King Salmon, you came to the right place for all things smokin'! Someone will be along shortly to help you out here... stay tuned...

Welcome to the SMF Family
icon_exclaim.gif

Welcome aboard the SMF! I also have and love the propane GOSM 3405 BGW.
If I wanted to buy an electric smoker, I would not hesitate in getting the Masterbuilt. From what I've heard, they are a dang good unit and you can pick one up at your nearest Sam's club. I've looked them over and they seem to be very well made.

Welcome King Salmon -

I do alot of sausage and bacon in my Smoke Vault. Great for low temps and if it it needs to go lower I use a few pieces charcoal in the wood pan and no propane.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky