Smokin' Hot Day

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by richoso1, Sep 23, 2009.

1. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It’s 102° outside at 2:09 pm. My unlit GOSM is reading 120°. Sorry for the blurred pic, I was in a hurry to get out of the direct sunlight. Good thing I won’t be doing any low & slow today. I’m testing a new chick rub and sauce. Isn’t this supposed to be fall? I get no respect...
    [​IMG]

2. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

WOW.Unusual year here-hottest day was 92 degree.

3. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yeah, I'd say it's hot out there! We're toasty and humid here.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We too are toasty and humid. Humidity is 79% and the temp is a nice 92 in the shade.

5. coffee_junkie

coffee_junkie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It is a beautiful fall day here in MT....87 and sunny!

6. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

70 with 46% humidity and overcast here in Kansas City...

7. I would just about kill for that kind of weather right now!! It's been an average summer here HOT And HUMID!! Ready for some cooler drier weather.

8. bman62526

bman62526 Smoking Fanatic

HA! A little hotter, and you could cold smoke some cheese without starting the cooker ;-)

Here in the Midwest, well - Central IL for sure - it has been one of the nicest summers I can remember in 20 years...we haven't had our AC on in maybe 6 weeks or so.

Makes me wonder if we'll get our asses kicked with snow this winter - as payback.

9. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, Rich. So damned cold and windy here I can't even sit out at night.

10. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I think the weather man said this summer we were only in the nineties something like a total of 10 days, the rest it was either raining or in the 80's.

It has been a wierd summer and I hope we don't get as much snow this winter as we did rain tgis summer...

11. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Rich I feel your pain brother-100 here yesterday,chilled to low 90's today-fall is in the air.hope the chicken rub turned out fine.

12. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hey Rich, sounds like it would have been a great day for a cold smoke on some Kielbasa...inject the smoke without heat to the chamber. [​IMG]

It's been cooler with some rain here now & then for the past several days.

Eric